Lollypop farm is in need of funding to help with the cost of improving our vegetable garden. This garden is used to feed fresh vegetables to the animals in our care. We would like to build a greenhouse so the animals can benefit from fresh vegetables year round.
Lollypop Farm, the Humane Society of Greater Rochester, is committed to building lifelong bonds between people and animals through education, community outreach programs and the prevention of cruelty.
We envision a time when our community celebrates the human-animal bond; embraces the mutual benefits therein; and treats all fellow beings with care, compassion, and respect.
OUR GUIDING STATEMENT:
Our core values unify and guide us to provide the best service to the animals, our community, our organization and ourselves
- We exhibit our compassion for each other and the animals in everything we do
- We communicate openly and clearly
- We are flexible in our approach to an ever changing environment
- We drive for continuous improvement through our individual commitment
- We embrace teamwork among staff and volunteers
- We build the Lollypop Farm Community through personal integrity, respect and support for each other.
Compassion: Showing empathy and sympathy for what others—people and animals—are experiencing through constructive and positive actions.
Communication: A two-way process in which there is an exchange and progression of thoughts, feelings, or ideas towards a mutually accepted goal or direction.
Flexibility: Being willing and comfortable adapting to new circumstances and conditions.
Commitment: A pledge to the mission, fellow employees, volunteers, animals, and the community.
Teamwork: Willingness to collaborate and communicate to achieve a common goal, understanding that the organization works best when unified.
Integrity: Pursue our mission with honor, fairness, and respect for animals, individuals, and the organization.
Respect: Showing consideration and professional regard for all aspects of the organization.
- Increase awareness of cat overpopulation problem, educate the general public about cats and increase placement of cats into lifelong homes.
- Increase the number of spay neuter surgeries including feral and subsidized public spay/neuter.
- Develop and expand Lollypop Farm facility to meet future needs.
- Create a West side location to meet the needs of the western suburbs.
Forecasting & Planning
- Disaster Planning – Internal: to create personal (staff and volunteer) and agency disaster plans.
- Disaster Planning – External: to promote personal (community members) disaster plans, educate the community and collaborate with county/state on area-wide disaster planning and response.
- Utilize data more effectively as a planning and measurement tool.
Program Development & Expansion
- Shelter Outreach/Coalition Building.
- Ensure shelter animals receive enrichment and are behaviorally sound.
- Create a culture of respect and accountability.